viernes, 10 de junio de 2016


Blog Session N°8


I enjoyed studying this semester restoration.

It is a class which I liked, because it mixes theory with practice. In the practical classes we have made restoration of ceramic, clay and textile object. We have also gone to the sculpture park to restore and preserve the sculptures.



In the theoretical classes we studied restoration in architecture, art, as well the titanic boat.
That was very interesting!

We have also made visits has museums for example the Pre-Columbian, where we have seen how they make conservation of textile works.
The textile objects kept in a room with fluorescent lighting and infarroja , because natural or artificial light damages the textiles.
also the room is closed to prevent humidity from damaging the works.

I chose this class because it is one of the areas I would like to work out of the carrer.
I would like work in the area of archeology restore ​​, because I find it very important to restore and recover the historical objects.





It has been very interesting this class,  I learned a lot! and I hope to learn much more during the year.

5 comentarios:

  1. It is interesting the restoration, I don't know much about it, but I think is a nice work :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I would like to learn to restore, it could be very interesting

    ResponderEliminar
  3. In my opinion that job is very important and interesting!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It does not look just like a studying class, it also seems like a grat experience. What an opportunity of really get envolved with restauration that restaurating trully patinated sculptures

    ResponderEliminar
  5. We have this kind this year been the best, Every day we learn something new :)

    ResponderEliminar